I have insurance with Homelife Insurance company. My heating unit is beyond the repair. They denied the claim, what are my opt

Asked over 1 year ago - North Las Vegas, NV

Technician came and wrote a report stating the unit is over 30 years old and cannot be repaired and needs to be replaced. Insurance denied the claim to replace it stating that parts are absolete. Why would I care about absolation of the parts if the unit needs to be replaced? Also, the house is only 25 years old. How can the heating unit can be over 30 years old?? They definitely are playing their dirty insurance tricks on me. The unit is so cold without the heater. What are my options??? Can I sue them or should I go to Insurance commissioner with my complaints? Please advise how you can help.

1. Howard Robert Roitman

Pro

2

Answered . You may have an exclusion in your polocy. An exclusion gives a condition for which an insurance policy does not cover. You may have homeowners insurance. It may exclude damage to vehicles. You would need to have a separate insurance policy on your car.
    Nevada is one of a handful of states that creates a private right of action for violations of its Unfair Claims Settlement Practice Act, NRS 686A.310. Subsection (2) of the statute provides that “an insurer is liable to its insured for any damages sustained by the insured as a result of the commission of any act set forth in subsection 1 as an unfair practice.”