I have insurance with Homelife Insurance company. My heating unit is beyond the repair. They denied the claim, what are my opt

North Las Vegas, NV |

Technician came and wrote a report stating the unit is over 30 years old and cannot be repaired and needs to be replaced. Insurance denied the claim to replace it stating that parts are absolete. Why would I care about absolation of the parts if the unit needs to be replaced? Also, the house is only 25 years old. How can the heating unit can be over 30 years old?? They definitely are playing their dirty insurance tricks on me. The unit is so cold without the heater. What are my options??? Can I sue them or should I go to Insurance commissioner with my complaints? Please advise how you can help.

1. You may have an exclusion in your polocy. An exclusion gives a condition for which an insurance policy does not cover. You may have homeowners insurance. It may exclude damage to vehicles. You would need to have a separate insurance policy on your car.
    Nevada is one of a handful of states that creates a private right of action for violations of its Unfair Claims Settlement Practice Act, NRS 686A.310. Subsection (2) of the statute provides that “an insurer is liable to its insured for any damages sustained by the insured as a result of the commission of any act set forth in subsection 1 as an unfair practice.”

The materials available at this web site are for informational purposes only and not for the purpose of providing legal advice. You should contact your attorney to obtain advice with respect to any particular issue or problem. Use of and access to this Web site or any of the e-mail links contained within the site do not create an attorney-client relationship between Howard Roitman, Esq. and the user or browser. The opinions expressed at or through this site are the opinions of the individual author and may not reflect the opinions of the firm or any individual attorney.