Skip to main content

I have immigration court in 4 days what are good things i can say about me to the judge

Woodbridge, VA |

i am scare about what things to say

Attorney Answers 4


Do you have an immigration attorney that you are working with. If not, you, most definitely should be.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


You definitely should consult with an experienced immigration lawyer near you.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


Are you going by yourself? If yes, it would be smart to request the judge for more time, enough for you to secure the services of a competent immigration lawyer to represent you. It could prove to be a fatal mistake to go by unrepresented.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree


You don't have to say much of anything besided confirming your identity and address - in fact the less you say the better. Ask the judge for time to find an immigration attorney. Going to immigration court without first talking to an immigration attorney can be like stepping off a cliff. You may have grounds for relief that an attorney can tell you about. Check out my website below to see if you would like to come see me.

This response does not create an attorney client relationship and is for informational purposes only. Before acting on this information you should discuss your problem with an immigration attorney.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics