I have immigration court in 4 days what are good things i can say about me to the judge

Asked over 1 year ago - Woodbridge, VA

i am scare about what things to say

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

Answered . Are you going by yourself? If yes, it would be smart to request the judge for more time, enough for you to secure the services of a competent immigration lawyer to represent you. It could prove to be a fatal mistake to go by unrepresented.

2. Douglas Holbrook

4

Answered . Do you have an immigration attorney that you are working with. If not, you, most definitely should be.

3. Michael Hugh Carlin

4

Answered . You definitely should consult with an experienced immigration lawyer near you.

4. Mark Monaco

2

Answered . You don't have to say much of anything besided confirming your identity and address - in fact the less you say the better. Ask the judge for time to find an immigration attorney. Going to immigration court without first talking to an immigration attorney can be like stepping off a cliff. You may have grounds for relief that an attorney can tell you about. Check out my website below to see if you would like to come see me.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now