I have i-360 VAWA ( abused spouse ) pending, and I'm going to get married again.

Asked 9 months ago - Cleveland, OH

i have i-360 VAWA pending ( abused spouse ) and I'm going to get married again. would it lead to denial of new i-130 and how the uscis would look at the case if i apply for I-130 and I-485 .
I love my fiancée and she love me , we live together since January and we just decide to get married .

1. Andrew Marino Bramante

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . You are wise to seek advice on this question. Whether it is better for you to proceed with your VAWA Petition or get married, withdraw the I-360, and file and I-130/I-485 is not a simple question. It is very circumstance specific. You should sit down face to face with an experienced immigration attorney (bring a copy of your I-360 filing) and go over all the details of your new relationship and the I-360 filing. Some attorneys in Cleveland (like me) will do this initial consultation without fee. You have a lot depending on the direction you take and how well you execute that direction.

2. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

3

Answered . Re - Marriage ends the I-360 although there is no prohibition to re filing should a problem occur with the new marriage. Meet with your attorney so that you fully understand the processes for both the I130 or the I-360.

216.861.4414
    immigration@rbrownllc.com
    www.brown-immigration.com

Robert Brown LLC
    1468 W.9th St., Suite 800
    Cleveland, Ohio 44113

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

3

Answered . You better send a letter withdrawing the pending I-360 before you file for adjustment of status based on your new marriage.

4. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

3

Answered . Schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney near where you live before you do anything.