I have hold in my bathroom and bedroom ceiling and my landlord has done nothing about them it been over a month and nobody come

Asked over 1 year ago - Cleveland, OH

nobody come out to look at them the ceiling is leaking and there is a smell comeing from it

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Michael Lewis Eisner

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . You should document your complaints to the landlord in writing, and keep a copy with proof of delivery. You also must continue to pay your rent to avoid eviction. There is a process for depositing the rent with the Housing Court if there is a dispute over how much is owed, or if there should be any reduction. Contact the Housing Court in your community. If there is not a specific housing court, you should contact the Municipal Court. They should be able to explain the process and how to file to protect your rights. If you suffer an injury or illness, and can prove it is from the defective condition, you should consult with a qualified personal injury lawyer. There is a non-profit group called Housing Advocates that may be willing to help with this kind of problem.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,329 answers this week

3,298 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,329 answers this week

3,298 attorneys answering