I have green card but 2 years ago i got Misdemeanor for prescription drugs.now i wqnan go to visit my country ,..

Astoria, NY |

have green card but 2 years ago i got Misdemeanor for prescription drugs.now i wqnan go to visit my country ,..

1. really the answer depends on how long you have your green card. more than 7 years and you will eligible for a wiaver. you should get that before you travel

The advice that I give in each answer or legal is not intended to take the place of an in person consultation. A complete answer takes an in depth interview. After all, it is a life that is at stake. If you are in another city that I do not service ask me and I might be able to recommend you an attorney there. In general, in Houston, I recommend Adan Vega or Bruce Coane, Specialists. In Dallas I recommend Richard Fernandez, Elizabeth Cedillo or Yong Wood as highly skilled and experienced. In South Texas I recommend Jodi Goodwin from Harlengin or Leonel Perez of Edinburg. In San Antonio I recommend Bob or Nancy Shivers or drive to Austin to see me or my talented associate Jacqueline Watson.

2. You may be inadmissible due to the conviction so if you leave the US you may not be able to get back in. I suggest you consult with an immigration lawyer.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 577-9797 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. I was named to the Super Lawyers list as one of the top attorneys in New York for 2012. No more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state are selected by Super Lawyers. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

3. Regardless of the level of the conviction, any conviction for a controlled substance violation makes you subject to deportation (INA 237(a)(2)(B)) and mandatory detention (no bond - INA 236(c)). I wouldn't be traveling except to a lawyer's office.

4. I agree with the other attorneys, if you travel without first consulting an attorney you are taking a serious risk. Take a copy of your green card and criminal disposition/s to an attorney. My firm handles criminal immigration matters in NY.
    Regards,
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is general in nature, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

5. I agree with the other attorneys, if you travel without first consulting an attorney you are taking a serious risk. Take a copy of your green card and criminal disposition/s to an attorney. My firm handles criminal immigration matters in NY.
    Regards,
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

6. Meet with an immigration attorney to review your criminal conviction. Otherwise, you may not be able to come back.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104