I have green card but 2 years ago i got Misdemeanor for prescription drugs.now i wqnan go to visit my country ,..

Asked over 1 year ago - Astoria, NY

have green card but 2 years ago i got Misdemeanor for prescription drugs.now i wqnan go to visit my country ,..

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . You may be inadmissible due to the conviction so if you leave the US you may not be able to get back in. I suggest you consult with an immigration lawyer.

2. Nicklaus James Misiti

1

Answered . I agree with the other attorneys, if you travel without first consulting an attorney you are taking a serious risk. Take a copy of your green card and criminal disposition/s to an attorney. My firm handles criminal immigration matters in NY.
    Regards,
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

3. Nicklaus James Misiti

1

Regards,
    Nicklaus Misiti
    Law Offices of Nicklaus Misiti
    212 537 4407

4. Thomas Esparza Jr.

Pro

1

Answered . really the answer depends on how long you have your green card. more than 7 years and you will eligible for a wiaver. you should get that before you travel

5. Philip Alan Eichorn

1

Answered . Regardless of the level of the conviction, any conviction for a controlled substance violation makes you subject to deportation (INA 237(a)(2)(B)) and mandatory detention (no bond - INA 236(c)). I wouldn't be traveling except to a lawyer's office.

6. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Answered . Meet with an immigration attorney to review your criminal conviction. Otherwise, you may not be able to come back.