I have graduated from school and am now working for a large company who are going to sponsor my quest for a work visa.

Asked 11 months ago - Newport, RI

Do I have to wait for April to apply for the lottery process or can this be processed right away?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

17

Answered . If you are talking about an H-1B visa and the employer is not cap-exempt, they will have to wait until April 1st to submit you petition. Please see

2. Ajay Kumar Arora

4

Answered . Your company should file the H1B petition on April 01. The requested employment validity date will be October 01.

You should be directing these questions to your company's attorney, who is compensated by the employer to answer these questions. if the attorney is completely non-responsive, bring it to your employer's attention.

3. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

4

Answered . The proper way to initiate that is to have the sponsoring company's immigration attorney review and analyze all necessary documents in order to advise you on your eligibility further.

4. F. J. Capriotti III

3

Answered . Talk to the company's immigration lawyer.

OPT might be a possibility

They might be cap-exempt.

Talk to the company's immigration lawyer.