I have got J1 visa and my fiance is on B1 Visa. Can he marry me here and get my spouse visa. His i94 will be expired in Mid July

Asked 5 months ago - Brooklyn, NY

I am a doctor, I got salary based paid J1 visa from a hospital, I will be back to this United states by 15th of June after visa processing from local embassy. My Fiance is already living in New York on B1 visa, but his i94 will expire on 16th July.. Can we legally get married in that time period of one month between 15th June and 16th July. Can he apply for J2 visa on that basis ? Please reply ...

1. Aneliya M. Angelova

Pro

2

1

Answered . Yes, you can get married. He will have to apply for a "Change of Status" before his current status expires. Consult with an immigration lawyer asap. Good luck!

This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.
  2. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Answered . You may marry legally, however, since you appear to be rightfully concerned about your pending immigration visa and your future spouse's presence to remain lawfully in the United States. Also, it seems you desire to do everything legally correct. If these premises are correct, promptly delegate any of your pressing issues to the counsel of record, who has all the case documentation and is intimately familiar with the case's details which is the only legally appropriate measure under your narrative.