I have girl friend in nepal. i have a green card through bhutanese refugee. i want to marry and bring her. advice me the ways.

Asked over 3 years ago - Fredericksburg, VA

i m a bhutanese refugee in usa, i recently got green card. i want to bring my girl friend to usa. what i need to do for that? advice me. thanks

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

8

Answered . You can sponsor her now, but the waiting time is currently 4 years. You can also wait until you become a U.S. citizen, but if you recently received your green card, this could even be a longer wait.

You may want to consider whether she would be eligible to enter the U.S. on a temporary visa.

2. Amy Long

Answered . It sounds like you may be interested in sponsoring her for a fiancee visa. You should consult with an immigration attorney who can identify several paths that you can take to make things go quicker and/or reduce the amount of time that you are apart from your girlfriend. Then you can chose which path is right for you.

Regards,
    Amy Long
    (703) 270-9235
    www.immigrationforvirginia.com

3. Nicklaus James Misiti

Answered . You can petition for her now or wait until you are a citizen. I suggest you speak with an immigration attorney for more information. My firm is experienced in spousal based immigration petitions.