I have full custody of my son, how do i stop visitation frights from a father who doesn't do anything for my son

Asked about 5 years ago - Bronx, NY

i have all the obligations to care for my son and this guy that does nothing gets visitation rights because he claims he wants to see my son, but when he had the chance to for five months he always dumped my son on someone else or didnt even ask to see him

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Aashish Kumar Nangia


    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . Many people have a complaint similar to yours, however visitation is not something that is terminated by the court unless the visits are no longer in the child's best interests. If the father is not contributing financially for the child, you should file a child support case in family court. The father will most likely be ordered to assist you financially to meet the child's needs.

    If the father is not the person enjoying the visits, but is rather leaving the child with other people, you should ask him to stop doing it, and if he continues, you might seek court assistance by filing a petition. The visits are for the father and child, and although he may bring the child to see friends and relatives, he should not be dropping the child off and leaving.

    Good Luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,276 answers this week

3,176 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,276 answers this week

3,176 attorneys answering