Skip to main content

I have found live crawling worms in a sealed pocket of protein replacement meal, who should I contact with?

Schiller Park, IL |

I have consumed a few pockets before but have not looked inside (I poured the powder to the blender and mixed it with water) not sure if they were without or with worms, should I contact the doctor? lawyer in person? I put the worms to the box and they are still alive, it is disgusting, I can not even think about to make a shake again, I am very upset how this could happen and emotionally depressed

Attorney Answers 7

  1. Contact a local injury lawyer asap. Dont get rid of the evidence. Try to find the purchase receipt.

  2. Contact Attorney Hoffman or Goldstein who are Chicago area attorneys who often answer injury questions on Avvo. One question that an attorney will need to know is whether you have sought the help of a mental health provider to address your depression issues. Good luck and as my colleague mentioned, preserve your evidence.

    Mr. Padove is licensed to practice law in Illinois and Indiana. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Padove strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received. If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. (219) 836 2200

  3. It may be a case but the damages are negligible. You didn't need medical attention and it appears to be groo and disgusting but not more.

    Dave the packet in a sealed bag, photograph it, report it to the company tomorrow.

    Get treated if you feel I'll. perhaps call your doctor to report this.

    Contact a local attorney. As soon as you can. While I'm not sure if its worth much, it seems someone screwed up badly.

    Stephen L. Hoffman
    Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
    Chicago, IL

    This answer posted on Avvo is for informational and educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship created or formed and you should not rely on this as legal advice. The suggestion is made that if you wish to protect your rights, you consult with an attorney immediately.

  4. Bring the product back to the store where you purchased it. They will be more than happy to refund your money, replace or substitute the product for something else. Yes, it was disgusting. Things like that happen from time to time. It does not rise to the level of a lawsuit though. Hopefully you will enjoy shakes sometime in the future.

  5. I am glad you did not suffer any injury, I do not think there is a claim worth pursuing, other than to ask for a refund. Now, if you start to feel ill, you seek proper care.

  6. I would suggest contacting a lawyer that regularly deals with food poisoning or food-borne illness cases. As other attorneys have noted, whether or not you pursue a case like this is often dictated by your damages--how you've been hurt by the occurrence.

  7. I'm glad that you weren't injured. You should be able to get a full refund and perhaps some coupons for more worm meal sans worms.

    Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755

Consumer protection topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics