I have found live crawling worms in a sealed pocket of protein replacement meal, who should I contact with?

Asked over 1 year ago - Schiller Park, IL

I have consumed a few pockets before but have not looked inside (I poured the powder to the blender and mixed it with water) not sure if they were without or with worms, should I contact the doctor? lawyer in person? I put the worms to the box and they are still alive, it is disgusting, I can not even think about to make a shake again, I am very upset how this could happen and emotionally depressed

1. Stephen Laurence Hoffman

Pro

7

Answered . It may be a case but the damages are negligible. You didn't need medical attention and it appears to be groo and disgusting but not more.

Dave the packet in a sealed bag, photograph it, report it to the company tomorrow.

Get treated if you feel I'll. perhaps call your doctor to report this.

Contact a local attorney. As soon as you can. While I'm not sure if its worth much, it seems someone screwed up badly.

Stephen L. Hoffman
    Law Office of Stephen L. Hoffman LLC
    Chicago, IL
    773-944-9737
    Email: stephen@hofflawyer.com
    Website: www.hofflawyer.com
    Blog: www.hofflawyer.com/blog/

2. Judy A. Goldstein

7

Answered . Bring the product back to the store where you purchased it. They will be more than happy to refund your money, replace or substitute the product for something else. Yes, it was disgusting. Things like that happen from time to time. It does not rise to the level of a lawsuit though. Hopefully you will enjoy shakes sometime in the future.

3. Brion W Doherty

6

Answered . I would suggest contacting a lawyer that regularly deals with food poisoning or food-borne illness cases. As other attorneys have noted, whether or not you pursue a case like this is often dictated by your damages--how you've been hurt by the occurrence.

4. Burton A. Padove

Pro

5

Answered . Contact Attorney Hoffman or Goldstein who are Chicago area attorneys who often answer injury questions on Avvo. One question that an attorney will need to know is whether you have sought the help of a mental health provider to address your depression issues. Good luck and as my colleague mentioned, preserve your evidence.

5. Kevin Coluccio

6

Answered . I am glad you did not suffer any injury, I do not think there is a claim worth pursuing, other than to ask for a refund. Now, if you start to feel ill, you seek proper care.

Pro

6

Answered . I'm glad that you weren't injured. You should be able to get a full refund and perhaps some coupons for more worm meal sans worms.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com
  7. Robert Bruce Kopelson

4

1

Answered . Contact a local injury lawyer asap. Dont get rid of the evidence. Try to find the purchase receipt.