I have finished paying child support payments but the payments are still being garnished from my check? What should Ii do?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Birmingham, AL

I need to know what steps and what information I need for help.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Lois R Beasley-Carlisle


    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Go to the clerks office at divorce court and ask them for a form to stop the garnishment. As long as there are no arrears you will be able to get it stopped by filling out the form and paying the court their filing fee. If you are behind you need to enter a plan for payment of the arrears. Any lawyer can do this for you as well if you can't figure out what to do. The lawyers office will charge for their time and charge a runner fee and charge the court fee as well.

    There are many factors that can affect how best to handle this matter and the best advise is to hire an attorney... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,709 answers this week

3,040 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,709 answers this week

3,040 attorneys answering