I have filed pro se contempt charges against my former spouse how does court work and what should I expect?

Asked about 1 year ago - Warren, PA

I filed the motion myself and have sent the paperwork to my ex and his atty via regular mail and certified restricted. what info should I have when I go to court and how exactly does that type of court work is it like a regular court or something different as I am doing this with no atty I am concerned and want to make sure I do this correctly

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Robert C. Keller

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You are making a big mistake by proceeding without an attorney. It will be worth the expense to retain an experienced attorney.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,015 answers this week

2,770 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,015 answers this week

2,770 attorneys answering