I have filed my own papers for a divorce with no response from him after more than 30days. what do i do now?

Asked over 1 year ago - Circleville, OH

i know he was served because he called me. there is no money or property or kids to deal with. been separated for over 96 months.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Robert Armando Bracco


    Contributor Level 4


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . If he was served with the papers which you can check with the clerks office if good service was made you will have to wait 42 days after he was served to request a uncontested divorce hearing which the court will schedule
    After you fill out the request which the clerks office will assist you with this form. Once the hearing is scheduled you will have to show up for the final hearing with a witness as to your grounds and provide testimony on the grounds and any property settlement you are seeking. He does not have to be present if he was served and doesn't show up or hasn't filed a answer.

  2. Peter Stephen Kirner

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I would also suggest you talk to the clerk of courts. You can confirm he was served PROPERLY, then you can get what ever forms you need. You will need to submit a journal entry to the court on the date of the final hearing. Generally the clerk will have these for you. Good luck.

    The above information is not, nor intend to be, legal advice. You SHOULD consult an attorney for specific advice... more
  3. David Scott Heier

    Contributor Level 11


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Your particular situation is probably the most suited for a pro se divorce where you represent yourself. Some day perhaps the courts will provide a checklist or procedural explanation to pro se litigants. I think some might already do that. You can't get legal adivse, of course, but you should be able to get procedural guidance from the court or the clerk.

    Contact David Heier at 614-429-4411 for office or phone consultation. Fees apply. This answer is for general... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,541 answers this week

3,090 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,541 answers this week

3,090 attorneys answering