I have filed for a divorce but don't want to divorce now . just want to have visitation with my son

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Worth, TX

would like to try and work things out, but i know she has a boyfriend.

1. Raymond Ellis Daniel

3

1

Answered . Divorces can be very emotional. You filed for divorce, so if she hasn't filed a counter-petition you can non-suit your case. However, your possession of your son would be dependent upon her. With a court order there are consequences for not allowing visitation. If she has a boyfriend, I would suggest moving ahead with your divorce so that this is behind you. Best of luck to you.

2. Sean Patrick Lewis

1

1

Answered . I think that the ball is in your court, since you were the one who filed. If you can work it out, I commend you! Unless you get visitation from her directly, you won't have any until you get it ordered by a court, however.

3. Matthew Thomas Majeski

Pro

1

Answered . She's seeing someone else already and you don't want a divorce? Is that correct? Visitation with you son can be worked out as part of a divorce proceeding. I strongly advise you to contact a Texas divorce lawyer to discuss what you want and what your options are.