I have filed COS from L1B to H1B.

Asked over 1 year ago - Hoffman Estates, IL

I am currently holding L1B with company A and I have filed a H1B petition this year with company B.
Now as my company A is sending me back in july end,So,I am resigning and planning to apply B1/B2 VISA to cover Aug-Sept .
My Question : Can I switch back to H1B in october from B1/B2 (if it gets approved) or is there anything else that my H1B employer has to do for my H1B status to kick in.

Please find some questions below related to the solution above :

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

8

Answered . It is improper to do that. It smells visa fraud. Go back to your country and come back after you had your visa interview and got you H1B visa foil issued into your passport. You will be able to reenter on H1B 10 days prior to employment start date on October 1. Also, you cannot file for H1B. Only employer can. If you did, it also smells bad because it would have never been approved had they known you were self employed.

2. J Charles Ferrari

5

Answered . Can I switch back to H1B in october from B1/B2 (if it gets approved) or

No. You should go home and obtain an H-1B visa stamp in order to return to the US no earlier than September 20.

is there anything else that my H1B employer has to do for my H1B status to kick in.

They would need to file a brand new I-129 to change your status and you would not be able to work until it is granted.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

4

Answered . I do NOT recommend this B-1 idea.

Go home ... get a visa stamp.

Say hello to your family.

Confirm my opining with Company B's immigration lawyer ... do NOT talk to non-attorneys in HR.