I have filed an I130 and have a 100% bona fide marriage

Sterling, VA |

I have sent all needed to prove this. My question is that I have some criminal convictions. No murder, nothing anywhere close to a sexual nature, no threat to national security, no drugs, no theft or fraud.
Is there anything that would deny our application?

To answer this question we would need to know of which offense(s) you were convicted. This question is best answered by consultation with an immigration attorney

The convictions will not deny your petition, but could render you inadmissible to the US.

Please note that this posting does not constitute legal advice or create any attorney-client relationship with the inquirer. Avvo is a useful forum to obtain general information on legal issues, but is not a substitute for direct, confidential consultation with an attorney in any legal matter.

I am the petitioner

If you are the US citizen, your criminal record will not interfere with your ability to sponsor your spouse for a green card.

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

You listed what your convictions are not, but did not list what they are. Tell us what convictions you have so that we can better answer your question. Usually anything to do with domestic violence, spousal abuse, battery or assault would cause problems for your case.

The information provided in this answer is designed to provide useful information and background materials about I.S. LAW FIRM, PLLC. The information provided is not intended to and does not constitute legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and I.S. LAW FIRM, PLLC. Any communication, including electronic mail, through this website may not be confidential or privileged. For legal advice, you should consult with an attorney familiar with your circumstances and seek the advice of counsel in the appropriate jurisdiction. The hiring of an attorney is an important decision and should not be based upon written descriptions of I.S. LAW FIRM, PLLC’s experience. Every case is different and similar results may not be obtained in your case. I.S. LAW FIRM, PLLC does not endorse or sponsor any links from this website to other websites and has not reviewed and does not accept responsibility for their contents.