I have filed a claim on a Dead person Estate. I need free legal Help..for a hearing.

Asked over 1 year ago - Saint Louis, MO

I have a claim on a Dead persons Estate , for money owed . There is going to be a hearing . . Where do i find a free lawyer to help me . . I can afford a lawyer . The Estate is on a dead lawyer who cheated me . All my money is there . St . Louis , County Cort's .

1. John Joseph Westerhaus

4

Answered . Are you asking if someone is willing to help you on a contingency basis? Or are you asking if someone is willing to help you pro bono?

I'm not going to discourage you from seeking a pro-bono attorney, as you might be successful in finding one. (We're encouraged, ethically, to donate a portion of our time every year to clients who can't afford to pay). However, you're far likely to have more success finding someone to take the case on a contingency, barter, or reduced-fee basis, so take that suggestion for what it's worth.

As the Joker said in The Dark Knight, "If you're good at something, never do it for free." With lawyers, that "never" should be understood as "rarely." Lawyers do want to help people -- that's why most of us get into the business -- but every human interaction involves both give and take.

2. Donald Joseph Quinn II

2

Answered . I would contact BAMSL for a referral.

3. M. Todd Miller

1

Answered . Please let me know if you find an attorney able to give their time away. I'd like to hire them as well.