Skip to main content

I have filed a claim on a Dead person Estate. I need free legal Help..for a hearing.

Saint Louis, MO |

I have a claim on a Dead persons Estate , for money owed . There is going to be a hearing . . Where do i find a free lawyer to help me . . I can afford a lawyer . The Estate is on a dead lawyer who cheated me . All my money is there . St . Louis , County Cort's .

Attorney Answers 3


Are you asking if someone is willing to help you on a contingency basis? Or are you asking if someone is willing to help you pro bono?

I'm not going to discourage you from seeking a pro-bono attorney, as you might be successful in finding one. (We're encouraged, ethically, to donate a portion of our time every year to clients who can't afford to pay). However, you're far likely to have more success finding someone to take the case on a contingency, barter, or reduced-fee basis, so take that suggestion for what it's worth.

As the Joker said in The Dark Knight, "If you're good at something, never do it for free." With lawyers, that "never" should be understood as "rarely." Lawyers do want to help people -- that's why most of us get into the business -- but every human interaction involves both give and take.

Answers to legal questions are usually fact-dependent; my answers are general and based on the facts as you describe them and necessarily includes assumptions. More specific answers can be provided only after researching the appropriate law and a comprehensive consultation in which all relevant facts are disclosed. Until both a retainer agreement is executed and we have a consultation, I am not your lawyer and you are not my client. Moreover, I cannot be your attorney unless you are located in Missouri, the only state in which I am licensed. If you are not in Missouri, please consult an attorney in your state for assistance, as my advice may be incorrect or incomplete. This uncompensated answer is provided for informational purposes only, as a free public service; any reliance thereupon is at your sole risk.

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


James P. Frederick

James P. Frederick


Very well said. I would simply add that, unless a lawyer is independently wealthy, we do the work in order to pay our bills and feed our families. We can occasionally assist those who cannot help themselves. But when there is money involved, a lawyer who does not charge for services cannot stay in business.

Donald Joseph Quinn II

Donald Joseph Quinn II


I would hope they are asking for an atty that will handle the matter on a contingency basis. That is why I suggested the Metropolitan St. Louis Bar Association referral service.


I would contact BAMSL for a referral.

Legal disclaimer: This answer does not constitute legal advice. I am admitted to practice law in the State of Missouri only, and make no attempt to opine on matters of law that are not relevant to Missouri. This answer is based on general principles of law that may or may not relate to your specific situation, and is for promotional purposes only. You should never rely on this answer alone and nothing in these communications creates an attorney-client relationship. less

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree


Please let me know if you find an attorney able to give their time away. I'd like to hire them as well.

NOTE: The use of the Internet for communications with the firm or this attorney will not establish an attorney-client relationship and messages containing confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Wills and estates topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics