Skip to main content

I have few questions about n-400 form

Indianapolis, IN |

I am a permanent citizen & now I am applying for citizenship.I am trying to fill n-400 form 7 facing few problems.I have changed my address few times through ar-11 form online.But I did not keep any record & I forgot the dates though I can remember all addresses.what should I do about the dates?another problem is my jobs.I have done lot of temp jobs I dont even remember how there anyway I can get all my job information in one place?

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Best answer

    Perhaps review all the W2s and 1099s you were issued? They are generally attached to the tax forms by the accountant. If not, the accountant may have copies.

    Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

  2. From your accountant who will have the copies of all W-2s or 1099s issued to you

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

  3. I agree. Accountant will help

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

  4. Do not lie on your application, but put as much accurate information as you are able to recall. With regards to your addresses/dates, if you recall the year you moved but not the day then put just the year. It is more important to be accurate and honest than to force exact dates that may not be true (guessing can easily become lying).

    As for your jobs, your income has always been reported to Social Security Administration. You can get your employment history through them (see link below). I did it to be certain of my employment history when I applied for the state bar to become an attorney, so I can tell you it works and is quite helpful (and you can save some money because you do have to contact an accountant).

  5. try the best you can without falsifying. Best Wishes!
    Lalita Haran
    Attorney: Immigration Law
    13295 Illinois St Ste 128
    Carmel IN 46032
    Ph: (317) 660-6174

    Contact (317) 660-6174 for specific legal advice. Answers here are not legal advice because they are of general nature and not tailored to your specific situation. You should not act on this answer without checking with an Immigration Attorney.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics