I have fed chrges and my atty has wrkd on plea but i still feel like it is excessive. can i talk to the U.S proscutor?

Indianapolis, IN |

Im being charged with a white collar crime and represented by an atty but not sure if my plea is the best for me. I thnk the atty did a good job but i dnt knw if but I have info on some scumbags I dont really care for about much more serious stuff that I have no involvement with I just literally think they are scum. There illegal activity include drugs ALOT over 10states, robbery, cnterfeit money and a doctor fondling women in order for women to get scripts And i want to see about turning them in or providing info about them in order to reduce my sentence but every time I bring it up my atty just ignores or deflects the question. About 8mnths ago i told the atty abt one person and i saw in the news last week the feds just arrested him. So i dont know way my atty wont give me an answer y

1. I would speak to your attorney about your concerns and ask him to explain his or her decision as to why he does not think it's in your best interest to peruse these avenues. If you have an open criminal case, it would be unwise to post the details about it here, or about details of other criminal activity you know.

2. Explain to your attorney why you think you should have a better offer. You attorney can either review that with you or try your approach with the prosecutor.

We do not have a client/attorney relationship until you make an appointment, we discuss your case face to face, I accept a retainer, and we explictly agree to enter into representation.

3. All federal sentences can be mitigated by the defendant's providing substantial information in the investigation or prosecution of others (USSG 5K1.1/18 USC 3553(e) prior to sentencing and Fed. R. Crim. P. 35 after). Unless there is some extraordinary circumstance causing the Government to reject your cooperation, you should obtain a second-opinion from another attorney who is experienced in federal criminal law.

Joshua Sabert Lowther, Esq.
    NATIONAL FEDERAL DEFENSE GROUP
    jlowther@nationalfederaldefense.com
    http://www.NationalFederalDefense.com
    866.380.1782

4. The attorney client relationship is always a critical one in furthering your best legal interests and protection. If at any time you believe that your attorney is not working in your best interests, pro active action as soon as possible must always be considered.

Timing in considering a change of attorney is vitally important. Depending upon the timeframe and/or proximity to trial, you may not have the option of retaining the ideal defense attorney of your choosing. This is so due to the reality thay judges must ensure that your case is brought to a just conclusion as soon as possible without what the presiding judge would consider unreasonable delay.

I can assure you that most any experienced criminal defense attorney nationwide would counsel you that speaking to the us attorney assigned to your prosecution without the aid of an attorney is potentially a grave mistake.

As opposed to such a desperate course of action, I would first suggest communication with your present attorney to get a full accounting of all options. Following such a frank and open discussion in most circumstances I believe that your gut will tell you whether it is potentially time to move on from your present defense attorney if still reasonably possible.

The best defense attorneys will not tell you what you are looking to hear. Rather, they will be candid with you and make sure that you fully understand the potential consequences of each and every course of action. Try to make sure before considering a change in attorney that you are not punishing the present counsel you have with providing you the honest assessment about your legal defense that you may need to hear.

Federal crime topics