I have F1 visa.My ex husband beat me and I want change my status F1 to U. if I will change my status F1 to U can I still go to

school and work.

Provo, UT -

Attorney Answers (1)

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Giacomo Jacques Behar

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

. It will be pretty hard to change your status to U just because your ex-husband beat you.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more

Related Topics

Adjustment of immigration status

When a person in the United States changes his or her immigration status to permanent resident, this is called "adjustment of status."

Featured Legal Guides

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Featured Legal Guides

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.