I have entered the US as a lawful immigrant but need a travel document to accommodate international travel before reentry.

Asked over 2 years ago - Santa Barbara, CA

I am waiting to receive by mail my immigrant visa card. Therefore, I do not yet have the actual card and the associated A number. Can I apply for a reentry permit before I have in hand the actual card? The guidelines say I can apply for a 2-year reentry permit. Is that at the discretion of the interviewer?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

24

1

Best Answer

Answered . You will need an A number in order to apply for a Re-Entry Permit.

2. Christian Schmidt

11

Answered . If you are approved for permanent residence but have not received your green card yet, you can make an InfoPass and request your passport to be stamped as temporary evidence of your status. You A# is indicated on the I-485 filing receipt.

3. Luis Alberto Guerra

Pro

9

Answered . No you cannot.