I have dwi 3months ago n still pending and receive my second 2 wks ago both now pending in two different counties wat looking at

Asked over 1 year ago - Arlington, TX

Two dwi in 3 months in texas
Arlington tx and archer county tx

1. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

5

Answered . Well you're looking at the same punishment level on each case, but obviously the DAs won't be impressed with the two charges so close together. You'll need defense attorneys in each county. You'll want them to coordinate, because if you end up needing to plea on both cases you want that consolidated as much as possible.

2. Richard Timothy Jones

4

Answered . You need for your attorneys to be working together. It is possible that the prosecutors could seek to stack the sentences. You should get yourself into alcohol counseling immediately.
    www.austincriminaldefenseattorney.com
    512-495-1813
    Austin Jail Release and Bond Assistance
    Austin Probation Lawyer
    Austin DWI Lawyer

3. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

4

Answered . I agree with Ms. Jaggers and Mr. Jones.

Better still, find a good DWI lawyer who practices in both counties.

4. Charles Elwood Soechting Jr.

3

Answered . You need to realize that one is bad, two is very bad. And both counties will know of the other most likely so saying it was a one time transgression is not very believable. You need to accept that you either have a problem with alcohol or following rules. Neither is an attractive quality in your position. You need to hire an attorney that practices in Tarrant Co and Archer Co to handle both cases so you can avoid an overly excessive legal fee. Depending on the facts there might be suppressible issues or problems with the blood/breath tests or SFSTs but that is dependent on the facts of each stop.
    I've handled DWIs in both Tarrant and Archer Counties and am happy to discuss your options. Feel free to call my office and good luck.