I have dui on my record and complaid with court and dui program also paying fines

Oakland, CA |

and it has been 11 months since sentenced for that I finshed the classes and got a sr22 and wnt to dmv to get my license and the said I was orderd to have interlock which I was for five months but didn't have a vechile also baylift said if I did to regster it in familys name and wait it out but I didn't have care anyway now it been almost a year over five months and I have sr22 how can I get my license back with out getin a inter lock I don't own a veichle and my family and frinds don't want the interlock on their cars

Alameda County is one of the pilot project counties for the IID on first time offenses. Its a mandatory requirement, if your conviction occurred on or after 7/1/10. The courts and DMV are still working out the bugs with regard to this legislation. You'll need to go to the DMV for further clarification, and/or contact a local attny who can assist you with the process. Best Regards,

Judith M. Fouladi, Esq.
Orange County
(714) 384-6500

If you are required to have an interlock device it must be your second DUI w/i 10 years of the first. You either have the interlock installed or you sit out the 2 year suspension. If you don't have a car to install it on then you don't need a driver's license.

Many counties allow an IID exemption form to be filled out and filed with the courts. Once this exemption is accepted by both the court and DMV, then you may be be able to get your driving privileges reinstated by the DMV. However, this exemption requires that you do not have access to any vehicles, and based on your inquiry, it appears as though you do not qualify for the exemption. As a reult, if you do not install the IID, then you cannot drive. Good luck.