I have disorderly conduct info showing up on a background check report and I have no idea what it is for. Never been arrested.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Miami, FL

This is causing me to be denied by a condo association. How di I find out what ti is, what it means, and how do I get it removed?

1. James Kevin Hayslett

Pro

11

Answered . The first thing you need to do is to go down to the clerks office in the county where they claim you were arrested or charged and get a good copy of your record. Many times disorderly conduct cases begin with a notice to appear or it could've been a misdemeanor that was filed with the state attorneys office which received no notice of. In order to fully understand the Genesis of this case however you need to go to the clerk's office to get an accurate history of the charge.

2. John Skyler Riordan

Pro

5

Answered . You may not have actually been arrested. This conduct could be given by issuing a ticket. Contact the clerk of courts in the city where this occurred. Pull the original court file (if it still exists) and verify that all the correct identifying information is matching you. This is a complicated process, you should really hire a lawyer to look into it for you.

If all else fails, you may be eligible to seal or expunge to your record. Your eligibility is dependent on your criminal history and the outcome of this case.

3. Amir A. Ladan

Pro

3

Answered . In addition to seeking the information through the local Clerk of Court where the alleged incident took place, you can log onto the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's website and do an on-line background check on yourself to see what information is coming up. The link to their site is https://web.fdle.state.fl.us/search/app/default & the cost is $24.00. Once you know what your background check reveals, I agree that hiring a lawyer is the right way to go about having this case removed from your record.

4. Anthony Rubino

2

Answered . It is common for a police officer on a misdemeanor charge to give a PTA (Promise to Appear) which is the same as if you were arrested. The police officer would give you a citation and would usually also take your thumb print.

If the case is from Miami take a look here: http://www2.miami-dadeclerk.com/cjis/CaseSearch... and see what shows up.

My offices are located here in Miami. Feel free to give me a call and I can take a look at it and let you know what you need, if anything, to do to handle this.

Best of luck.