Skip to main content

I have disorderly conduct info showing up on a background check report and I have no idea what it is for. Never been arrested.

Miami, FL |

This is causing me to be denied by a condo association. How di I find out what ti is, what it means, and how do I get it removed?

Attorney Answers 4


You may not have actually been arrested. This conduct could be given by issuing a ticket. Contact the clerk of courts in the city where this occurred. Pull the original court file (if it still exists) and verify that all the correct identifying information is matching you. This is a complicated process, you should really hire a lawyer to look into it for you.

If all else fails, you may be eligible to seal or expunge to your record. Your eligibility is dependent on your criminal history and the outcome of this case.

John S. Riordan, Esq., RIORDAN & HERMAN, PL., West Palm Beach, FL, (561) 650-8291. Mr. Riordan is a former Palm Beach County Prosecutor and an experienced criminal defense lawyer handling cases in both State and Federal Courts throughout Florida. The answer provided is for educational purposes only. It does not constitute legal advice or create an attorney-client relationship. You should consult an attorney for legal advice regarding the facts of your specific case and designed to help you with your personal needs.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


The first thing you need to do is to go down to the clerks office in the county where they claim you were arrested or charged and get a good copy of your record. Many times disorderly conduct cases begin with a notice to appear or it could've been a misdemeanor that was filed with the state attorneys office which received no notice of. In order to fully understand the Genesis of this case however you need to go to the clerk's office to get an accurate history of the charge.

Mark as helpful

11 lawyers agree

1 comment



I have the full report right here and show all details and have no idea what this charge even is


In addition to seeking the information through the local Clerk of Court where the alleged incident took place, you can log onto the Florida Department of Law Enforcement's website and do an on-line background check on yourself to see what information is coming up. The link to their site is & the cost is $24.00. Once you know what your background check reveals, I agree that hiring a lawyer is the right way to go about having this case removed from your record.

Mark as helpful

3 lawyers agree


It is common for a police officer on a misdemeanor charge to give a PTA (Promise to Appear) which is the same as if you were arrested. The police officer would give you a citation and would usually also take your thumb print.

If the case is from Miami take a look here: and see what shows up.

My offices are located here in Miami. Feel free to give me a call and I can take a look at it and let you know what you need, if anything, to do to handle this.

Best of luck.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics