I have deferred action and I need to study in Mexico, is there any risk if I go outside the country?

San Antonio, TX |

some people say that the risk is high even with the exit permit

Nothing is ever risk free in immigration law. You will need to obtain an advance parole before leaving.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

The specific reasons for advance parole in this context are for humanitarian reasons or education.

http//www.uscis.gov/childhoodarrivals

As the website indicates, "Should you have a compelling need to travel outside the United States before the new instructions are issued for reasons related to your current employment, education or humanitarian purposes, you may submit Form I-131 and request advance parole from USCIS by attaching a copy of your DACA approval Form I-797, and a letter that explains your compelling need to travel to your application ...."

You should have an attorney advise you before applying for advance parole and see if this is right for you. There could be a big risk, because even with advance parole you are still subject to many grounds of inadmissibility, Seek a consultation; search Avvo for an experienced immigration attorney.

No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his profile; attorney number: 281-733-2875.

I agree with my colleagues that you should be able to go with an approved permit. I would suggest sitting down (or talking by phone) with an experience dimmigration attorney and let him ask you a lot of questions to try to identify any hidden problems or bases for your inadmissibility.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

Education law topics