I have deferred action and I need to study in Mexico, is there any risk if I go outside the country?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Antonio, TX

some people say that the risk is high even with the exit permit

1. Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

5

Answered . The specific reasons for advance parole in this context are for humanitarian reasons or education.

http//www.uscis.gov/childhoodarrivals

As the website indicates, "Should you have a compelling need to travel outside the United States before the new instructions are issued for reasons related to your current employment, education or humanitarian purposes, you may submit Form I-131 and request advance parole from USCIS by attaching a copy of your DACA approval Form I-797, and a letter that explains your compelling need to travel to your application ...."

You should have an attorney advise you before applying for advance parole and see if this is right for you. There could be a big risk, because even with advance parole you are still subject to many grounds of inadmissibility, Seek a consultation; search Avvo for an experienced immigration attorney.

2. J Charles Ferrari

4

Answered . Nothing is ever risk free in immigration law. You will need to obtain an advance parole before leaving.

3. Andrew Marino Bramante

4

Answered . I agree with my colleagues that you should be able to go with an approved permit. I would suggest sitting down (or talking by phone) with an experience dimmigration attorney and let him ask you a lot of questions to try to identify any hidden problems or bases for your inadmissibility.