I have deferred action and I need to study in Mexico, is there any risk if I go outside the country?

Asked almost 2 years ago - San Antonio, TX

some people say that the risk is high even with the exit permit

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Geoffrey Alan Hoffman

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . The specific reasons for advance parole in this context are for humanitarian reasons or education.


    As the website indicates, "Should you have a compelling need to travel outside the United States before the new instructions are issued for reasons related to your current employment, education or humanitarian purposes, you may submit Form I-131 and request advance parole from USCIS by attaching a copy of your DACA approval Form I-797, and a letter that explains your compelling need to travel to your application ...."

    You should have an attorney advise you before applying for advance parole and see if this is right for you. There could be a big risk, because even with advance parole you are still subject to many grounds of inadmissibility, Seek a consultation; search Avvo for an experienced immigration attorney.

    No attorney-client relationship is created or implied by this communication. To contact this attorney see his... more
  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Nothing is ever risk free in immigration law. You will need to obtain an advance parole before leaving.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. Andrew Marino Bramante

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues that you should be able to go with an approved permit. I would suggest sitting down (or talking by phone) with an experience dimmigration attorney and let him ask you a lot of questions to try to identify any hidden problems or bases for your inadmissibility.

    Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with... more

Related Topics

Deferred action

Deferred Action is a policy that allows qualifying immigrants to receive employment authorization and have removal proceedings delayed.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,034 answers this week

3,616 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,034 answers this week

3,616 attorneys answering