I have deeded access to my property. No provision is made for me to mainataine it. I think the new ower (family member that

Asked over 1 year ago - 27233

has taken control wants to use the access property to add futher (mobile homes) and use my access. Do I have an action?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Michael T Millar


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It is unclear from your post whether you own the area or whether you have an easement to use the area.

    If you own the area, then you may limit the use to what was agreed to in the easement documents.

    If you have an easement, then it is your responsibility to maintain the easement area and you might have a claim for any action that interferes with your use of the easement area. Note that if the additional use does not interfere with your use, you may not be able to prohibit it.

    If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education... more
  2. Ryan Vancil Esq

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Probably not. As you describe it it sounds like you have an easement for access to your land over someone else's land. Unless your ability to access your land is compromised you cannot control how they use their property. On the other hand if the access property is property you own, then you may be able to prohibit the extra use. If it is the later situation consider taking the easement agreement to an attorney for review.

Related Topics

Real estate zoning laws

Zoning laws are rules that limit how a particular property may be used. For example, as single-family homes, multi-family buildings, commercial, or industry.

Neighbor law

Neighbor law deals with the legal rights and responsibilities involved with having neighbors. Examples include boundary disputes, noise, and blocked views.

Carl Engstrand

Arizona - Dog Bite Common Questions

This article’s purpose is to give the reader a brief glimpse into the aftermath of a dog bite. It is not intended as a full picture of a dog bite case. If you or a loved one is the victim... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,668 answers this week

2,249 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,668 answers this week

2,249 attorneys answering