I have court today but caint make it an I don't have an a attorney if I hired an attorney would I be reshedule ?

Houston, TX |
Filed under: Criminal defense

I dont know what attorney to hired

1. Do not miss a court date on a criminal matter. EVER

Cancel everything else you have and get to court if you honor your freedom

2. Go to court.

This answer is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Consult with an attorney if you need further assistance.

3. I would suggest that you show up in court today. If you do not your bond will be forfeited and a warrant for your arrest will be issued. If you are looking for an attorney go online there are hundreds of them. Schedule a consultation with a few that catch your eye and go from there. If you can not absolutely make it to court today call the court and let them know. The court may give you a couple of days to make arraignments to come in without a warrant being issued for your arrest

4. That would be up to the court, but regardless, you need to get the matter taken care of, and realistically, you've left it awfully late to now be depending on an attorney or anyone else to eat you out of it. Whatever it is you're doing isn't really worth picking up a warrant and losing your bond, is it? On top of that, if you're sitting in jail, realistically, you lose a lot of bargaining power on your case. Do what you can to get to court, even if you're late and don't have an attorney, it's better than not showing up at all. They will let you have a reset so that you can get an attorney, if that's what you're worried about.

5. If you no show, depending in the type of case, you may either lose (civil case), or a warrant could be issued to arrest you (criminal case).

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. DO NOT RELY ON ANY ADVICE YOU RECEIVE FROM ME OR ANY OTHER ATTORNEY IN THIS FORUM. Legal advice comes after a complete review of the facts and relevant documents and an expressed (written) agreement of representation that forms attorney-client confidentiality. Neither of these two events can occur in this forum. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. His answers to any Avvo question are rooted in general legal principles--NOT your specific state laws. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this or any other matter.

6. You must make it. No questions asked. Or, you will certainly be there next time...IN ORANGE