I have court today but caint make it an I don't have an a attorney if I hired an attorney would I be reshedule ?

Asked 8 months ago - Houston, TX

I dont know what attorney to hired

1. M Elizabeth Foley

7

Answered . That would be up to the court, but regardless, you need to get the matter taken care of, and realistically, you've left it awfully late to now be depending on an attorney or anyone else to eat you out of it. Whatever it is you're doing isn't really worth picking up a warrant and losing your bond, is it? On top of that, if you're sitting in jail, realistically, you lose a lot of bargaining power on your case. Do what you can to get to court, even if you're late and don't have an attorney, it's better than not showing up at all. They will let you have a reset so that you can get an attorney, if that's what you're worried about.

2. Gary Churak

Pro

6

Answered . I would suggest that you show up in court today. If you do not your bond will be forfeited and a warrant for your arrest will be issued. If you are looking for an attorney go online there are hundreds of them. Schedule a consultation with a few that catch your eye and go from there. If you can not absolutely make it to court today call the court and let them know. The court may give you a couple of days to make arraignments to come in without a warrant being issued for your arrest

3. Alan James Brinkmeier

5

Answered . Do not miss a court date on a criminal matter. EVER

Cancel everything else you have and get to court if you honor your freedom

4. Matthew William Hoffmann

4

Answered . Go to court.

5. Rixon Charles Rafter III

4

Answered . If you no show, depending in the type of case, you may either lose (civil case), or a warrant could be issued to arrest you (criminal case).

6. Norman J. Silverman

Answered . You must make it. No questions asked. Or, you will certainly be there next time...IN ORANGE