I have court order for child support and alimony less then $1000 a month. My ex is pay me by check, and make late payment I

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

I need revive this payment on the th and 20 th , its can paid with two payment , half Evey time . Is any thing I can do to revive the money on time by the law . I need this payment for my basic expense .

1. Stephen Ross Cohen

2

Answered . If it is overa month late, you can get a wage garnishmnt, but they usually delay payments a week or two.

2. Linda Calderon Garrett

Pro

1

Answered . Yes, you can notify your ex that unless you receive the payments on time, you will work to get the payments made through wage garnishment. Sometimes, if the payor knows the consequences, he corrects his error. Maybe he doesn't know the possible consequence of being late?

Good luck!