I have court order for child support and alimony less then $1000 a month. My ex is pay me by check, and make late payment I

Asked over 1 year ago - Los Angeles, CA

I need revive this payment on the th and 20 th , its can paid with two payment , half Evey time . Is any thing I can do to revive the money on time by the law . I need this payment for my basic expense .

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Stephen Ross Cohen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If it is overa month late, you can get a wage garnishmnt, but they usually delay payments a week or two.

    My name is Stephen R. Cohen and I have practiced over 38 years and can be reached at 213-819-1171. I practiced... more
  2. Linda Calderon Garrett


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Yes, you can notify your ex that unless you receive the payments on time, you will work to get the payments made through wage garnishment. Sometimes, if the payor knows the consequences, he corrects his error. Maybe he doesn't know the possible consequence of being late?

    Good luck!

    PLEASE READ--before emailing, commenting or calling: As a rule, I do not respond to "comments" that are designed... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,079 answers this week

3,141 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,079 answers this week

3,141 attorneys answering