I have completed my ARD program and probation. How can I get it expunged?

Asked 4 months ago - Exton, PA

This was my first time DUI offense. I have no other violations.

1. Douglas Lee Dolfman

2

Answered . Your attorney upon the showing of a letter from the court that you have completed all the requirements can file an expungement petition with the court of common pleas in chester county. It should take between 30 to 45 days to have all agencies comply with the order.

2. Matthew Jared Rapa

1

Answered . You should speak with the attorney that previously represented you, or if not represented, speak with your adult probation officer. Some counties will automatically expunge your record for you.

3. Jeffrey J. Goldin

1

Answered . Some counties expunge ARDs automatically. However, that is not a state-wide practice and you may be required to have the Court grant an Expungment Petition.

Consult a local criminal defense lawyer. Since there are nuances and procedural technicalities required in filing these petitions, I would not recommend you try it on your own.

4. Jordan Kelleher Reilly

Answered . In Chester County you will need an attorney to get your record expunged. You will need to get documentation of your completion and all of the agencies who have record of your conviction will have to be notified and ordered to destroy all records.