I have completed my ARD program and probation. How can I get it expunged?

Asked 4 months ago - Exton, PA

This was my first time DUI offense. I have no other violations.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Douglas Lee Dolfman

    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Your attorney upon the showing of a letter from the court that you have completed all the requirements can file an expungement petition with the court of common pleas in chester county. It should take between 30 to 45 days to have all agencies comply with the order.

  2. Matthew Jared Rapa

    Contributor Level 8


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should speak with the attorney that previously represented you, or if not represented, speak with your adult probation officer. Some counties will automatically expunge your record for you.

  3. Jeffrey J. Goldin

    Contributor Level 7


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Some counties expunge ARDs automatically. However, that is not a state-wide practice and you may be required to have the Court grant an Expungment Petition.

    Consult a local criminal defense lawyer. Since there are nuances and procedural technicalities required in filing these petitions, I would not recommend you try it on your own.

  4. Jordan Kelleher Reilly

    Contributor Level 6

    Answered . In Chester County you will need an attorney to get your record expunged. You will need to get documentation of your completion and all of the agencies who have record of your conviction will have to be notified and ordered to destroy all records.

Related Topics

DUI: An overview

The definition, charges, and penalties for driving under the influence (DUI) vary by state and depend on a number of factors.

First DUI

While first DUIs generally have much lighter sentences, they can still have significant indirect effects, such as increased insurance rates.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,098 answers this week

3,074 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,098 answers this week

3,074 attorneys answering