I have child custody case and i have a few questions pertaining transfering my case from one state to the next can you help me?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

my child and i live in chicago and my case is in the state of tx

1. Andrew John Hawes

1

Answered . Hard to answer definitively on these facts. Need more information, such as where the process is at, when you moved to Illinois, where and for how long the children have lived in Illinois or elsewhere, etc.

It also sounds as if you've already consented to jurisdiction in Texas and waived your objections to jurisdication if you've hired an attorney and have appeared in court there. Ultimately, if you already have an attorney representing you, other attorneys are prohibited by our ethical rules from counseling you substantively on your case knowing that you are represented. Illinois Rules of Professional Conduct 4.2.

2. Wes Cowell

Answered . Sure, I can help. what are your "few questions?"

3. Judy A. Goldstein

Answered . Hire a lawyer if you are looking into the possibility of transferring your case from TX to Illinois. If that is not your question, what do you wish to know?

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now