I have car title , now what?

Asked about 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

im closing a sale of me purchasing a car from a family friend. now that they have signed over the title to me, now what? do i have the car registered at the DMV? what is the next step to assure everything is my my name regarding license plates etc....

1. Alan James Brinkmeier

Answered . Register
    Get plates
    Notify Sec. of State on title
    Insurance
    Garage the car
    Get gas.

2. Jeffrey Morris Jacobson

Answered . Contact your insurance company. Go over to secretary of state (dmv) and they will set everything up for you.

3. Judy A. Goldstein

Answered . Get insurance for your new car. Take your paperwork to the nearest Secretary of State's office or currency exchange and get plates and see to the transfer of registration. You will probably have to show proof of insurance. Congratulations on your new purchase.

4. Pamela Koslyn

Answered . Is there an "as is" contract in writing that says they're not responsible for problems, or is there a warranty saying they are? It's not clear that you're even using a written contract here. What about a release of liability from them?

See a business lawyer for help, since this is a big transaction.