I have been wrongfully billed by a cable company and my credit has been ruined, should I sue?

Asked 12 months ago - Spring, TX

The cable company shows that I cancelled service in April 2010. They continued to bill me for a year, even as I tried to stop them. The company now admits it was a billing error, but also says they can not remove it. Since the money was not collected, my credit has been destroyed.

I have proof of residence change from the Post Office, and also a letter from the landlord saying the date I moved. During my struggle to settle things over the phone, I was told twice that I would be sent a fraud packet. Their system shows those transactions were cancelled because technically it wasn't fraud, it was an error.

1. Gary D. Bollinger

Pro

2

Answered . I suggest you consult with a FCRA attorney.

2. Michael Glynn Busby Jr.

Pro

Answered . If you applied for credit and your credit has been impacted such that you were denied because of this event, then you have a cause of action against the company. Gather all of your papers and go see a consumer attorney. I am open today until 4 p.m.

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now