I have been waiting three and half years on getting into the court on a child custody is this normal ?

Asked about 3 years ago - Belton, TX

i have two children that are with my ex husband and i have from marriage and now we are divorced and been waiting three years to get back into court for me to get full custody there is no schedule and no homework being done or turned in and he sees them maybe twice a week we have every other week joint custody and my straight a girl has dropped in her grades and my son failed becouse he didnt get the heep from his dad htat he needed

1. Thomas James Daley

Pro

Answered . It's not normal. Hire an attorney and set your case for trial.

2. Christopher Jay Harding

Answered . No - that is not normal. You should hire an attorney and certainly set this for trial.

3. Dana Joseph Stewart

Answered . They are correct - that is way too long to be waiting. One thing to keep in mind - you said the children aren't doing as well in school as they once did. Well, according to what you said, you have them about 5 days out of each week. If you are going to make the argument that your ex is to blame for the recent academic decline, remember that a counterargument can be made that you have something to do with the bad grades since your ex only has the children 8 or so days of the month compared to your 20+ days. That doesn't mean the decline in school performance can't be linked to your ex, just be ready to defend your actions/omissions. Best of luck.