I have been waiting for (2) years to get to court. what can I expect next?

Vista, CA |

for a slip and fall case. I recieved

If you have an attorney, talk to him or her about the status of your case. If you do not have an attorney, consult with attorneys in your area for further advice. Re-post a specific question with more details about your case to get better feedback.

This information is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and any attorney. Such information is intended for general informational purposes only.

2. Tough to answer this one, it's not complete.

3. I agree with my colleague. For an overview of what to anticipate, consult your attorney; no one knows the facts of your case like your attorney.

The author of this answer is an Attorney-at-Law, licensed to practice law only in the state of Arizona. Unless both you and the author have signed a formal retainer agreement, you are not the author's client, and the author's discussion of issues does not constitute legal advice. Opinions expressed herein are solely those of the author, and are neither privileged nor confidential.

4. You have not provided enough information. It appears you have retained a personal injury attorney to represent you in your slip and fall incident. Therefore I would strongly suggest you contact him or her to discuss you case. As stated by others, know one knows your case as well as your attorney.

The information provided is for general informational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. I am only licensed in the State of California and I am not providing you with specific legal advice. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Being general in nature, the information provided may not apply to any specific factual and/or legal set of circumstances and/or the jurisdiction where you reside. No attorney-client relationship is formed nor should any such relationship be implied. The information provided is of a general nature is not intended to substitute for the advice of an attorney, especially an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction. Your question, although you may believe is simple, it is not simple. You require legal advice, please consult with a competent attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction.

5. if you are approaching the two year anniversary and the case isn't going to settle, expect a lawsuit to be filed. You should really direct this question to your attorney.

6. The Statute of Limitations will bar you from suing after two years has passed. Also, the plaintiff has the burden of proof so go prepared or hire a good attorney to appear for you.

7. HOPEFULLY YOU HAD AN ATTORNEY AND FILED A LAWSUIT, OTHERWISE IT IS ALL OVER. IF YOU HAVE AN ATTORNEY, CALL HIM FOR A REVIEW OF YOUR CASE. IF NOT, THEN YOU MAY BE OUT OF LUCK UNLESS YOU WERE INCAPACITATED, UNCONSCIOUS AND OR YOU ARE A MINOR. BEST OF LUCK.

This answer is provided by California Auto Accident Attorney Manuel A. Juarez, Esq., These answers are not intended to form an attorney client relationship. Manuel Juarez. Esq., is licensed only in California. He practices in Antioch, Berkeley, Concord, Oakland, Hayward, Martinez, Newark, Richmond, San Francisco and San Rafael. This information is good only in California and it is not to be taken as legal advice on car accidents, personal injury, divorce, bankruptcy or in any other type of situation. Esta respuesta es del Abogado de Accidentes de Autos, Abogado de Lesiones Personales, Abogado de Heridos en Accidentes de carros, Manuel A. Juárez, Abogado Hispano de Accidentes, Abogado de Divorcios, Abogado Latino de Accidentes, Abogado de Accidentes de Oakland, Hayward, San Francisco, California. Estas respuesta son solo para información general y no consisten en consejo legal sobre divorcios, mantención de esposas, mantención de hijos o bancarrotas. Las respuestas son comentarios legales que no forman una relación de abogado y cliente. Manuel Juarez, Esq., esta licenciado solo en el Estado de California. El abogado de lesiones y heridos en accidentes de autos, Manuel A. Juarez es licenciado solo en California.

8. Court dockets vary from State to State and County to County. Your lawyer is the best one to advise you on an expected trial date or other event in your case. Contact him or her to discuss.