I have been told that I am a suspect in a robbery -petty theft-the police are looking for me. What should I so. I am not guilty

Panama City, FL |

I went to a mainframes to so laundry. I bought quarters from an attendant. A wanted poster was pit with my picture another customer gave the cops my name I have been told they have video of me reaching into the till. I am 55 with no criminal record. I am also nearly blind. I just want to know what to do

Everyone is going to tell you to talk to as an attorney, but you probably don't have the money for one. So, I am going to tell you to you talk to the cops. But, when you do, tell them you want to talk to them, but you want to talk to an attorney first and ask for them to get you a public defender. They marry arrest you, but otherwise your just going to be waiting for them to come get you.

Kudos to Don for candor. Remember to tell the cops you want to talk to an attorney, not them. Be clear and don't say anything else.

Answers are for informational purposes, not legal advice for your specific situation. www.appealsandhabeas.com

You need to contact a criminal defense attorney in your area ASAP and they will contact the police on your behalf. Make no statements to the police, let your attorney speak for you. Good luck.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

I suggest you contact an experienced criminal defense attorney and tell him/her what happened. Do NOT talk to any law enforcement officers and do NOT make any statements to the laundry workers/owners or customers about anything. If law enforcement officers try to question you, simply say, " I want to talk to an attorney," and then remain silent.

These comments are not to be construed as legal advice and are not attorney-client privileged. I suggest you contact the attorney of your choice for consultation. Stan Peacock, www.stanpeacocklaw.com