I have been told by the doctor that I am partial permently disable at 8%. My back got injured and I want to settle.

Asked over 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

How much should I expect from a settlement if I am partial permanently disable from a back injury at 8%?

1. Charles C. Hamilton

6

Answered . It depends on a number of factors, such as your comp rate. An 8% rating to someone with a high comp rate is worth more than to someone with a low comp rate. Also, there is a lot more that goes into settlement evaulation than just your PPD rating. It's really not possible to answer your question accurately without a lot more information. I know that I sound like a broken record, but you really should consult an attorney who knows the ins and outs of WC. Don't be penny-wise and pound foolish. Good luck to you.

2. W. Zachary Hendon Jr.

6

Answered . PPD is usually the smallest of the 3 elements of a settlement-- TTD or lost time being the largest and medical being the next largest. 8% X a whole body rating of 300 weeks equates to 24 weeks of benefits but you may be missing most of the settlement money because you do not know what gives value to the claim.

3. Thomas L. Holder

6

Answered . The disability rating will be worth 24 weeks of benefits. A benefit week for you is the amount that you received from workers' compensation when you were out of work. There will be other factors that will be used to determine the value of the case. Primarily, the two major factors will be anticipated future medical costs plus the projected lost wage benefits to which you would be entitled. That would depend on your ability to return to work.
    There are a number of factors that must be considered in evaluating your case. Fell free to call me at 404-523-6100 if you would like to discuss this further.

4. Brendon Shawn Rhodes

3

Answered . These seems like an identical post from a few days ago. Please see the responses to that post. In short, I would need more information to determine what you would be owed, such as your compensation rate. I strongly recommend you speak with a workers' compensation attorney before resolving your claim.

In short, you will be owed 24 weeks of benefits, but that may not be a reading me settlement to resolve your claim.

Sincerely,

B. Shawn Rhodes
    Powers and Rhodes
    478-227-5997

5. Nathaniel Fincher Hansford

Pro

2

Answered . You are entitled to 24 weeks of TTD benefits for this rating. I always like to get a second opinion on PPD ratings as this could be a low number. Are you presently working now? Are you receiving income benefits? There are alot of factors that go into settlement of a claim. Please contact our offices at 770-922-3660 for a free consultation to discuss further.

6. Darrell Brinnett Reynolds Sr.

1

Answered . You should be talking to your lawyer about your case. You lawyer is the one person that knows more about your facts and circumstances of the case than anyone on Avvo. If you do not have a lawyer, you need one right away. Give my office a call if you need an attorney.

Darrell B. Reynolds, Sr.
    Attorney and Counselor at Law
    drey1954@cs.com
    404-636-6616

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
    - William Shakespeare

NOTICE – 1) This email does not create an attorney/client relationship. In order to create an attorney/client relationship with this office it is necessary to enter into a written contract agreed to by both parties. 2) This email is intended only for the person(s) listed in the To: and CC: lines. It is not intended for anyone else and any reliance upon this email by other parties is at their own peril. 3) This e-mail, and all attachments transmitted with it, may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information that is intended solely for the individual(s) or entity(ies) to which it is addressed. If you are not an intended recipient, then you are not authorized to read, distribute, copy, or otherwise use any or all portions of this e-mail or any attachment. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail or by telephone at 1-404-636-6616, and delete all copies of this e-mail. Thank you.

7. Robert G. Rothstein

1

Answered . You have already asked this question and received responses from a number of attorneys, including me. Follow the advice you have been given.