I have been terminated on my H1B in november 16th. Stayed till December 17th looking to go back on esta january 17th.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Boston, MA

H1B visa is still valid till September 2015. WIll this have any problems if I go back on ESTA? I ideally want to go back for another month to look for a job otherwise I will have 3 months to pack up and move out. Please advise if I will have any issues going back on ESTA?

1. Philip Alan Eichorn

3

Answered . The date your employment terminated your status terminated. Your ESTA is not a determination on admissibility. 8 U.S.C. 1187(h)(3)(C). Your VWP attempted entrance is in B1/B2 status. INA 217. You must have the intent to depart and not to violate the terms of that status. You must overcome the presumption of immigrant intent which includes an entry for the purpose of seeking employment. Your plan is not a great idea.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

2

1

Answered . All I can say is that you can 'try' to get into the US ... there is no guarantee.

Have better proof of your plans to 'pack-up and move-out' than job hunting when you enter.

3. Carlos E Sandoval

1

1

Answered . When you come with you ESTA you need to prove non-immigrant intent. Saying that you are comming to look for a job could affect your non-immigrant intent before CBP officers. If you are just coming to wind up things here you should be ok.