I have been terminated from my job 4 months ago, do i still have a chance to fight it ?

Dearborn, MI |

i been accused of stealing and when i wanted to fight it with the corporate, i got terminated for job abandonment. the reason of my delay on this case, for I'm inexperienced with such legal matter and have been searching for a lawyer.

Do you believe that absenteeism and/or a belief that you stole are the true reason(s) you were terminated? Or do you believe there is another reason you were terminated? Do you have an employee handbook or contract with the employer?
A lawyer would need answers to these questions before he or she could advise you.

i had a transfer to North Carolina with the same company, and i believe they didnt want me to transfer . i have an employee handbook and no contract.

Marc Aaron Asch

Marc Aaron Asch

Why didn't they want you to transfer?

retaliatory! i tried to help our employees dealing with bad management that we were having. i have text msgs from my boss with a threat because of what i spoken.

Marc Aaron Asch

Marc Aaron Asch

You may still be able to fight your termination under the National Labor Relations Act or other law. Why don't you email me the full story about how you tried to help your co-workers and how management retaliated against you for doing this. My email is marc.a.asch@gmail.com

Contact an employment attorney ASAP!
Time is running out (statute of limitations)
on any legal claims you might have against
the company. Good luck!
See: www.contingencyattorneymi.com

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.

In Michigan an employer can terminate you for any reason or no reason, unless you have a just cause employment contract or if you are a union employee. Given the current status of the law, there are very limited instances when an employee can sue for wrongful termination. If you believe that you were terminated based on race, sex, gender, health status, religion, or age, you should contact an employment attorney as soon as possible. The statute of limitations for filing a discrimination claim is 3 years, so you are not too late. An employer is also prohibited from firing you if you report a violation of law to a public body. That type of claim would be under the Michigan Whistleblower's Protection Act. However, the statute of limitations on a WPA claim is 90 days. If you were fired 4 months ago, it's too late to file a lawsuit.

If you are a member of a union and you have not grieved your termination, you need to speak with your union steward ASAP.

This information and advice cannot be taken literally and should be used as only informational. The information provided here is not legal advice and should not be interpreted as such. This offer of free, general answers is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship. If you need specific advice regarding your legal question, you should consult an attorney confidentially.