I have been summoned to court for a petty larceny, kind of like on conspiracy. I wasn't the one stealing, but I was aware of it.

Asked over 1 year ago - Norfolk, VA

This happened at Walmart, I'm a fourth year college student looking to graduate in 2014. The price of the items totaled 46 dollars . I was with a friend who was actually stealing and happened to be the watch dog, this situation was not premeditated, but just happened. This is my first offense, and I'm not looking forward to potentially having a petty larceny charge on my record even though its just a misdemeanor.

1. James Edward Short

Pro

1

Answered . Please contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer as soon as possible. If convicted this will be an impediment to employment opportunities. Also, a conviction cannot be removed from your record. I practice in all local courts and would be happy to set up a consultation. My office number is 757-410-5042.

2. Michael R Crosner

1

Answered . Consult with a local VA criminal attorney immediately - you do not want to have a theft conviction on your record for schooling & future employment. Since this is your first offense the attorney will be able to greatly assist you - Do not post any additional facts on this or other public website. Do yourself a favor, get professional assistance. Many attorney permit a free consultation - call one ASAP

3. William A. Jones Jr.

Pro

Answered . Mr. Crossner is all over this one; I have nothing to add to his fine advice.