I have been sick alot lately and i have been sent home due to this from work. today i was sent home and i tried to go to my drs

Asked over 1 year ago - Stafford Springs, CT

my doctor said they got off the phone with someone who is concerned about me because i was sick due to withdrawals from alcohol and drugs which is a false accussation. what do i do?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. George Costas Andriotis

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . What I would do is get better and return to work.

    Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.
  2. Jeffrey Ira Schwimmer

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . Long Answer: A doctor, particularly if it is your primary care physician, will be able to tell if the symptoms of your illness are, or can be, due to alcohol or drug abuse. In either event, your doctor is obligated to keep details of your medical history/condition confidential, in the first instance. So, it is not like the doctor is going to go around and tell everyone about you. Concentrate on getting healthy, and you won't have to worry about what others who might be worried about you are saying.
    Short Answer: You have not presented anything which would indicate a worthwhile claim of defamation to pursue.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,920 answers this week

3,069 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,920 answers this week

3,069 attorneys answering