I have been served with a motion for attorney's fees in Superior Court in Los Angeles County. When must I file my opposition?

Asked over 1 year ago - Lancaster, CA

Attorney trying to get fees under Code of Civil Procedure 2033.420

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Charles Richard Perry


    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Pursuant to Code of Civil Procedure 1005(b), your opposition papers must be filed with the court and served on all parties at least nine court days (not calendar days, court days) before the hearing date.

  2. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You need to file and serve your written opposition nine COURT days before the motion hearing date. You must serve your opposition by fax, overnight delivery or personal service pursuant to Code of Civil Procedure section 1005(b).

    Frank W. Chen has been licensed to practice law in California since 1988. The information presented here is... more
  3. Constantine D. Buzunis

    Contributor Level 17


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . i agree with the other counsel.

    Legal disclaimer:This message does not constitute legal advice and does not create an attorney-client relationship.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,425 answers this week

3,119 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,425 answers this week

3,119 attorneys answering