I have been served an eviction notice under ARS 12-1171. I did not receive my 30 day notice until a phone call I got on February

Chandler, AZ |

I have been served an eviction notice under ARS 12-1171. I did not receive my 30 day notice until a phone call I got on February 28th. I received nothing in the mail about the 30 day notice. I was told verbally when I went to pay rent on March 1st. I will be officially moved out by March 22nd. Also, I can't make the court date because of a new job. Is there anyway to settle this out of court. My hearing is on Tuesday. I am not too sure what my options are at this time.

1. If you want to stay in the rental, you need to pay all rent due, along with late fees, penalties and attorneys fees. If you can not show up for your court date, you can request a continuance but forcible detainers are expedited and need to be heard quickly, so even if you get an extension it will only be for a short period of time. Your best bet is to try to resolve this with the property manager prior to the first court date.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.