I have been seperated from my husband (no legal papers were drawn) for 21 years. He is on the east coast and I on the west.

Is he entitled to any retirement benefits after the fact? Meaning I started working long after we were seperated.

1. Under California law, the economic community ends when there is (1) physical separation AND (2) intent not to resume the marital relationship. If you started working after these two conditions were satisfied and that job yielded your retirement benefits, then no, he is not entitled to them.

Hope this helps!

Armen Taslakian. 818. 937.3590. www.TaslakianLaw.com. Note: Armen Taslakian is an attorney licensed in the State of California. The answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client.