I have been sentenced to do a mandatory 90 days for high bac level in 3rd DUI. Can I still ask the judge for house arrest in IL?

Morton Grove, IL |

Cook County Jail. I was told that if the day I go in for processing, and if the jail is full than certain inmates with non-violent history like DUI offense would be available for house arrest? Please can you tell me the details, I am sentenced for 90 days for having triple the legal limit, and have 36 months probation. My lawyer asked the judge for work release, but judge said "its mandatory" so please help me understand.

1. Work release means you get go to work. Home confinement means you are in jail at home, which means you cannot leave.

2. The best person to clarify the issue you presented at Avvo regarding the sentence disposition in your third DUI case would be the retained attorney you hired to represent you in that case. He is the most familiar with every detail of the case and actual in court communication. Advising you on Avvo without having all details of your case would be deficient for these reasons.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 101, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

DUI topics