I have been self-employed, but contracted. I was laid off recently and feel discrimination was a factor.

Fredericksburg, VA |

I was told a consolidation was taking place when in fact, a repacement came in. Consolidations have been widespread in the company and to my knowledge my area was the only one where they brought a replacement in.

Yes you better have a lawyer review these things and the document too. This puts you in the best situation under these circumstances to know what is coming next.

In choosing a lawyer, you might find my Legal Guide helpful "How to Choose A Lawyer For You"

You might find my Legal Guide helpful " What Do I Tell My Lawyer"

The best way to proceed depends on the answers you provide and many others things.

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney with whom you have established an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.

Recommended articles about Employment