I have been recieving worker's comp(SCIF) since December 16,2011. The Dr. realeased me 04/16/13 Since then they stopped payments

Asked over 1 year ago - Chico, CA

I sprained my elbow lifting alot of grociers at work. I'm a care-giver. I sprained my elbow so bad it put so much pressure on my whole forarm that my whole carpel tunnel area was severly inflamed.
I ended up having an operation on my wrist because of severe carpel syndrom. And I'm 59 and noticed I don't heal like I used to.
I was realeased from the dr. as of 04/16/2013.
Since then Worker's Comp(SCIF) stopped payments and won't return my phone calls. I left messages all last week. And to no avail.
Where do I go from here?
My claim number is 05764040.

1. Michael R Crosner

8

Answered . Sounds like you need to retain a local workers compensation attorney ASAP. You can locate them on AVVO under the tab "Find a Lawyer" Most offer free consultations

2. Lee Tucker

7

Answered . Consult with a local workers compensation attorney.

Mr. Tucker is licensed to practice law in Washington and Kentucky. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that, if known, could significantly change the reply and make it unsuitable. Mr. Tucker strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in your state in order to ensure proper advice is received.

Pro

7

Answered . You retain a local workers comp lawyer by using Avvo's "find a lawyer" tool.

4. Paul J Molinaro

4

Answered . I do not handle worker's comensation matters as an attorney (though I have 22 years of experience in workman's comp as a treating physician... I could handle these matters as an attorney, but will not). That said, the legal side of this field is quite straight forward... if an injury happens on the job, the medical care and some of the lost wages (should a person not be able to work or the employer not be able to provide light duty) are covered by the employer;s insurer. Thus, the arguable issue is often what treatment is needed and appropriate. Cases end one of two ways... a person reaches "maximum medical improvement" and a "permanent and stationary" status and either (1) takes a lump sum payment (which can be zero if fully recovered) or (2) future medical care is awared (which can be none if fully recovered). Should a person be released from care and not be fully recovered and not receive a cash sum or future medicals, an experienced workman's compensation attorney may be needed to fix the problem.

P.S. If someone is seeking help on Avvo, he or she need not ever post any personal identifying information such as a full name or claim number as this site is wide open to the world wide web.

- Paul

Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D.
    Attorney at Law, Physician, Broker
    Fransen & Molinaro, LLP
    980 Montecito Drive, Suite 206
    Corona, CA 92879
    (951)520-9684
    www.fransenandmolinaro.com / www.888MDJDLAW.com

"When you need a lawyer, call the Doctor... Call Paul J. Molinaro, M.D., J.D... Call (888)MDJDLAW."

* This post and all others I make on Internet are for informational purposes only. None of the information or materials I post are legal advice. Nothing I post as comments, answers, or other communications should be taken as legal advice for any individual case or situation. This information is not intended to create, and receipt or viewing of this information does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship. While I try to be accurate, I do not guarantee accuracy.
    ** Fransen & Molinaro, LLP practices in the areas of personal injury, medical malpractice, and real estate law and does so anywhere in the State of California.

5. Robert Andrew Michael Burns

4

Answered . Endeavor to find the workers compensation attorney local to you.

6. Richard Andrew Harting

Pro

3

Answered . You should hire attorney. Your TTD payments probably stopped because you reached the maximum or the doctor declared you permanent and stationary with no disability impairment.