I have been publically slandered! Who do I contact to prosecute against this person?

Scranton, PA |

It was written on facebook and absolutely NOT true. This is my reputation and job at stake. They accused me of something that never happened and also called me a bigot.

Report the abuse to FB. Without sustaining a significant monetary loss, a defamation lawsuit would cost thousands more than you would likely recover. Defamation lawyers typically want a 5k retainer just to begin.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com

it was reported by the corporation I work for and it was a total lie. There was an organization that also posted, said they verified the information (which they couldn't have because it was never true), or they would have never posted. My store where I work then started getting phone calls which we were instructed to forward any calls to the our media specaialist to handle this.

It was reported and removed off of facebook.

i would contact a local civil attorney who is part of this program

Report it to Facebook.
One problem you may encounter is that it is an opinion and not a statement of fact.
Also, accusing someone of being a bigot is not defamation per- se.
You will need to prove actual damages.

Damages? So, when my job is questioned by my superiors and president of the company due to these untruths, slander and accusations...damages are incurred.

Chris Matthew Limberopoulos

Chris Matthew Limberopoulos

Have you lost your job?

No, it is all under investigation according the HR. HR says they believe it didn't take place, but, it is my reputation that is being damaged. I told them I wanted legal assistance with this wrongful accusation. They are in the process of investigating it all.

See an atty who specializes in slander cases. There are very specific rules that vary by state. Opinions are usually not enough to sue for.