I have been prescribed physical therapy by a worker's comp doctor. Will I get compensation for my time spent at therapy?

Davenport, FL |

I am a full-time worker and a full-time student. I am assuming I will not be sent to physical therapy during normal working hours, so I want to know if I will be compensated for my time spent at physical therapy. I have found nothing to indicate that I would be compensated, but it seems unfair that I have to spend personal time on this when it is a work-related injury.

A lump sum settlement and wage compensation are all components of a claim that you need to discuss with a lawyer.

Our office accepts clients off of Avvo, but this initial impression is not protected by any privilege, is not attorney-client communication and you should consult a lawyer promptly about any legal matter.

You will only be compensated if a) the physician restricts you in some capacity and b) your earnings dip below 80% of what you earned per week before the accident. However, your mileage incurred for travel will be compensated regardless.

You do not get paid for your time in physical therapy. You should complete a mileage form to get reimbursed at $.45 per mile. If you have other issues, you can use this site to find a lawyer to assist you.

As mentioned above, generally you don't get paid for time missed from work while getting authorized care (including physical therapy appointments). Having said that, you can certainly try to schedule them around work (many facilities offer early morning appointments) and make sure you claim the mileage.