I have been off work due to an injury for almost two years, My PPD checks will be done I guess February, is that the end?

Eau Claire, WI |

I was told they can not accommodate me now and have been terminated. What happens now, I doubt I will find a job anywhere that would hire me due to these restrictions. I was injured in my shoulder and neck while doing my job I eventually was deemed 5% PPD and have been home due to no work to accommodate, even though I was willing if they could.

It appears that you may well have a loss of earning capacity claim under Wisconsin law, assuming that you have permanent restrictions due to the neck (vs. the shoulder) injury. You should hire an experienced Wisconsin WC attorney to review the permanent limitations and the results of any Independent Medical Evaluation (IME) report that has been prepared.

Do you have a workers' compensation attorney representing your interests? If not, why not? They work on a contingent fee basis (no recovery, no fee). You should probably go for it (hiring a lawyer) since it sounds like you "might" be applying for social security disability benefits in the future (if your injury prevents you from substantial gainful activity and there are no jobs up there that you have the education, skills, and experience to do)? You will probably need an attorney for federal benefits so why not start now?

You have the option of applying for social security disability if you are unable to work any job. If you are capable of some work that is different than what you did before you will need to get serious about finding a new job before your benefits run out

John M Connell

John M Connell

I agree with Mr Halsteads advice to consult with an attorney who primarily does workers compensation in your area in the event you have an additional claim that should be pursued

I do not believe that I would be able to get Social Security Disability and I can get out of bed and face a new day and should be able to do SOMETHING however as a retail leader in most of my jobs, I can tell you that my apps would be overlooked. My restrictions are quite strict.

With that said I may not be able to get a job in retail as a team leader in this last job I know what is involved . My restrictions do limit by sitting standing walking less than 33 percent of the time each, even at hoe I can sit long stand long or walk too long without changing. this would wipe me out of any retail job, and most others as I've done other type of work. Presently I am desperately trying to think of what I could do with these restrictions as my injury is not getting better in fact worse at times.

Sorry I meant can' t sit long, walk for very long, or stand for long even at home of course.

John M Connell

John M Connell

Your state may have a resource center that assists in job training or finding a new position. I still suggest you seek out a workers compensation atty to discuss these issues with and if there are available options for you. You may qualify for unemployment also depending on how your state handles that.

Thank you for your input!